Saint Rocco School
Winter Weather Alert
General Guidelines & Policies
St. Rocco School follows the Johnston Public School Department if there is delayed opening, cancelation of school or an early dismissal due to weather.Please Note: *If St. Rocco School chooses to delay, close or dismiss early, there will be a specific announcement regarding the change, separate from the Johnston Public School Department notification. WHAT ABOUT BUS TRANSPORTATION?
· Johnston residents follow Johnston Public School schedule.
· For families using Statewide Busing, please use the website below and follow your town’s dismissal policy: http://www.ride.ri.gov/studentsfamilies/additionalresources/studenttransportation.aspx WHAT ABOUT THE MORNING EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM?
There will be NO MORNING EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM when there is a school delay. WHAT TIME DO WE COME ON DAYS WHEN SCHOOL IS DELAYED?
DO NOT SEND IN YOUR CHILD UNTIL THE TIMES LISTED BELOW!
- If school has a(1)hour delay: school opens at 9:00am and students are tardy at 9:15am
- If school has a (90) minute delay, school opens at 9:30am and students are tardy at 9:45am
- If school has a (2) hour delay, school opens at 10:00am and students are tardy at 10:15am
WHAT ABOUT LUNCH?
Our food service has assured us that they will still provide lunch, even if we have a delayed opening!
HOW DO WE FIND OUT ABOUT THE STATUS OF SCHOOL?
- School Delays, Closings and Early Dismissals will be announced on News Channels 6, 10, & 12, Fox 64, 630AM, 92 Pro FM, & Lite Rock 105 FM.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SNOW, ICE OR SERIOUS WEATHER DEVELOPS DURING THE SCHOOL DAY?
WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS AN EARLY DISMISSAL?
In the event of snow or severe weather condition developing during the school day and an Early Dismissal is determined by the Johnston Public School Department, we will follow suit and bussing will be provided.
For families using Statewide Busing, please use the website below and follow your town’s dismissal policy.
- Early Dismissals: school families will receive a message via AP Notify* and an e-mail* message.
WHAT ABOUT THE AFTERNOON EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM?
- When there is a full day of school and the AFTERNOON EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM is CANCELLED, you will be notified by text* from the school office. Please notify the school office of your child’s means of transportation home.
- There will be NO AFTERNOON EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM when there is an EARLY DISMISSAL. Please make the necessary arrangements for your child’s transportation home.
*Please make sure that your school has your correct mobile phone number/s on file.
Christ is the reason for this school.
~in our minds, on our lips, and always in our hearts~